Friday, August 10, 2012

Don't Use Vayama for Cheap Travel!

The most common words on Yelp.com regarding Vayama are “Beware” and “Caution,” along with some profanity. 

In November of 2010, I made reservations for flights to Lima, Cartagena, Quito, and back to San Francisco. Vayama sold me the reservation, but left off my return flight back to San Francisco. When I called Customer Service, I was told that I would have to make another reservation because I did not catch the so-called error in time. Thus, to avoid being stranded in Quito, Ecuador, I had to resort to Travelocity to find a cheap fare back home.

Once I got back from my South American trip, I went to tripadvisor.com to warn others about Vayama, and found that there were many others complaining about this travel service. Eventually, the Vayama forum monitors on tripadvisor.com began deleting all posts  complaining about Vayama. They have people there who defend Vayana and claim those who are getting dirty deals are simply inexperienced travelers. Why aren't other on-line travel sites getting these levels of complaints as Vayama?

On Yelp.com, Vayama is averaging one and one-half stars. That's because only two or three people gave it more than three stars. One person upgraded it from one to two stars when Vayama made a settlement. Everyone else gave it one star to date. The most common words on Yelp regarding Vayama are“Beware” and “Caution,” along with some profanity.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will be ignored and deleted.