Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Travel Tragedy in Panamá



I'm a member of an awesome network known as the Nomadness Travel Tribe. When I'm in an airport, foreign or domestic; roaming a city, foreign or domestic, I can be immediately recognized by my attire and ID card by other members of this urban, new age travel movement that spans 9,000 members with a love and passion for an activity which broadens the mind and nurtures the soul—travel.


In the “Tribe,” as we call it, we share stories, advice, photos, and converse about our personal travel experiences in every corner of the planet earth. There is not a place in the world where a member of Nomadness Travel Tribe has not been and cannot give you advice from personal experience. If you plan on moving or traveling to another city, foreign or domestic, business or pleasure, you can get tons of advice from the Tribe. 

We are primarily on Facebook, but have live meet-ups all over the world, one of which I hosted here in Oakland two summers ago. In one word, the Tribe is family; a place where strangers become friends in one meeting. I would venture to say that the Nomadness Travel Tribe is the largest and most efficiently run forum on Facebook.

The tribe sponsors group trips to various places around the world. 

However, I am very sad to hear of two members of our Tribe who lost their lives in a bus accident in Panama. They were Nigel Christopher and Nneka Fritz. Several other members were hospitalized with serious injuries. 

Nigel Christopher, someone I never met in person as we lived 3000 miles away from each other. However, Nigel made me feel very welcome and at home when I first joined the Tribe three years ago. He had a way of making me feel like we've met in person and became the best of friends. Thus, his passing had me grieving the hardest. 

The Tribes follow-up and concern for the victims and the families of the victims in this horrific accident made me feel much closer to all the members of the Nomadness Travel tribe. To date, The Tribe raised over $64K to help the victims and their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will be ignored and deleted.